The WMF Perfect Plus 6-1/2-quart pressure cooker has a simple, minimalist, yet stylish and elegant design. It is made from heavy gauge 18/10 stainless steel for hard wearing durability and long life. It has a capacity to hold 6-1/2 quarts, and its simple and plain design makes it easy to clean after use. It also features an audible alarm system to warn of too much pressure build up and the need to cut back on the heat source. A perforated insert and trivet is also included with the purchase.
WMF Perfect Plus 6-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker Features and Specifications
- Excessive pressure build-up is prevented by the advanced safety features of the WMF Perfect Plus.
- The design of the handle can improve comfort and safety.
- The handle detaches for easy cleaning.
- The cooking process preserves vitamins and minerals, leading to a healthier diet.
- Recipes provided by Lorna Sass are included.
- Cooking times are reduced by up 70% of normal cooking times.
- Made in Germany from heavy-gauge Cromargan 18/10 stainless steel.
- It measures 16.6 inches by 10.2 inches by 10.2 inches.
- It weighs 8.8 pounds.
- It has an Amazon shipping weight of 10 pounds.
- It can only be shipped through Amazon to postal addresses within the USA.
Excess Pressure Build-Up Alarm System
The WMF Perfect Plus lets you know when too much pressure is starting to build up. It has a sharp noise it emits when there is a potential problem with pressure, allowing you ample time to reduce the heat to a safe level. However, the alarm should not be heard if you follow the instructions on the pressure cooker’s use. It is only when the pressure starts to become excessive that it will sound as a preventative alert.
Trans Therm Base for Even Distribution of Heat
The WMF Perfect Plus 6-1/2-quart pressure cooker features a solid Trans Therm base designed to distribute the heat evenly throughout the cooker. Once the heat has mixed within the cooker, the Trans Therm base also serves to retain a good level of high temperatures.
Customer Reviews and Scores
There are 26 customer reviews in Amazon at the time of writing. They have scored the WMF Perfect Plus 6-1/2-quart pressure cooker a very high score of 4.5 out of 5 stars on average, indicating a much higher than usual customer satisfaction level.
One customer said, “…after less than a year the TransTherm base separated from the pot.” This is certainly a concern, and another customer also mentioned something similar happening. However, in this case the cooker was still under guarantee, so it was fixed free of charge.
Other customers said, “I would recommend it,” “This cooker has worked perfect and very low heat is needed to operate it. Would buy again,” “This is the single most impressive piece of equipment in my kitchen. Buy one,” “This is an excellent pressure cooker and so easy to use,” “Using this cooker has re-vitalized my enthusiasm for cooking,” and, “…works like a charm and on very low heat too!” I can also recommend the WMF Perfect Plus 6-1/2-quart pressure cooker.